Sunday, August 19, 2007

When will they listen?

It was in July I believe, perhaps June, when I said, "Give them a chance, it looks like they might be trying to change the way they do business". Well, I must admit, I WAS WRONG.

It looks that the "caring" side of Linden Lab was just a smoke screen used to silence the critics. Although, I do remember saying that if this was just a "game" they were playing, then many of those that fell for it would soon see what's going on and would come back at Linden Lab hard and fast, and it seems that day has finally arrived.

The latest from our friends at Linden Lab is they have ONCE AGAIN resolved the "Login Issues" yet, how can you resolve an issue, and then have it come back up again in 2 days? I mean, perhaps we should just stop LYING to the SL Residents and say something more appropriate like, "We've fixed the LATEST issue dealing with Logins, we hope this is the last, but in case it isn't, we'll do our best to fix those issues as they are discovered." At least saying this you are being HONEST with the SL Residents, and not claiming that you have finally fixed that annoying Login Bug, because quite frankly, you haven't. I predict that within the next week, we will see ANOTHER Login Issue post in the BLOG, unless of course, Linden Lab reads this and chooses to HIDE IT.

I guess what bothers me most about all of this, is that I at one time really sensed that the Linden Lab people were different from those other money grubbing gaming companies. I really thought, I really did, that Philip Rosedale understood the importance of keeping your Community happy and keeping things on par. Now though, the only thing I see is one GREEDY BASTARD who's only in it for the money, and damned be the SL Residents who lose anything in the world. This is a real disappointment to me too, as I once entertained Mr. Rosedale in a friends home, in Slate. We talked for 30 minutes at least, but I guess those were the early years, before GREED took over, and he was just trying to fool us to his truest intentions.

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me Twice, Shame on me

No comments: