Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another Day...another promise

Yesterday, August 24, 2007, Ian Linden posted a Blog Entry on the Second Life Official Blog that laid out a "plan of attack" for stabilizing the Grid and fixing the bugs in Second LIfe.

While I normally would applaud this news, I remember just a few months ago that Linden Lab said much the same thing in response to the Project Open Letter. Of course, we all know just what happened after those promises were made, and therefore I must admit, I'm quite skeptical about this latest posting.

So far, Linden Lab has promised to fix things on at least 4 different occasions, only to wind up walking away from those "promises". Instead of "fixing the bugs and stabilizing the grid", Linden Lab managed to turn the "fence sitters" against the "complainers". I spoke about the dangers of doing such things in an earlier posting, and it seems that those same "fence sitters" are now arm in arm with those "complainers", as the "fence sitters" have finally seen the light and have now begun to join the chorus of the "complainers" and demanding change.

So, here we are, again, with Linden Lab saying they have a plan, and they will fix things; I wonder just how many people believe them this time around?

As for me, I am hopeful that THIS TIME Linden Lab will actually follow their plan and all of us can get back into a world that is truly wonderous, as it once was. But, I'm also leery of hearing this promise again. It's like the boy who cried wolf one too many times. Eventually no one believed him. That's how I'm feeling about Linden Lab and their "promises". So this time, I'm not saying, "let's wait and see" or "let's give them a chance". No, this time I'm saying, "We are still at war, and we need to continue to pressure Linden Lab to fix our world and the servers that run it". This time I will continue to plan our attack, and move forward with the plans we've already made. So, you Linden Lab employee's that are reading this, don't think you've got it easy now. No matter what is being said out of Linden Lab, until I see hard results, I'm still going to press forward and continue to draw attention to the dismal track record Linden Lab has in this area.

Pete Townsend says it best:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

No comments: