Thursday, March 18, 2010

Well, I hate to say this....but....NOT YET

A few weeks ago I said I was going to stop posting this silly blog with reports of ineptitude of our "friends" at Linden Lab; but I too have failed to keep my promise (good for the goose?)

Anyway, STILL the "friends" at Linden Lab haven't found a way to keep Second Life running without ONE issue in a 7 day period. I guess I'm just asking way too much of a company that I'm paying nearly $300USD every month. Perhaps I should LOWER my expectations of Linden Lab, that way they wouldn't constantly FAIL!

Better yet, let's see if ANYONE at Linden Lab has any GUTS to explain just why they can't keep things going for 7 days without issue. I don't like the idea of lowering my expectations, as I really feel that some of that thinking is probably what has made the "friends" at Linden Lab as ineffective as they have been for so long. When we, the CONSUMER, do business, we should expect a certainly level of Quality. When we don't get that level of Quality, we should ask those at the Businesses that FAIL to meet our expectations, why?

Here's something for everyone to think about. Most of us in Second Life are Adults and I will guess that a LARGE number of those Adults also have children (Yes, I'm assuming because I haven't run any survey's off the SL Residents, but why should I, since Linden Lab doesn't!) So, for those of you with Children, if Second Life was your Child's life, and your Child failed at the same task, over and over, not because they couldn't perform it, but they just didn't want to, then what would you do? I think most Parents would say they would explain to the Child that they need to do this to be an upstanding part of the Community and so on. Maybe that's it, perhaps our "friends" don't understand what they constant crap shoot is supposed to do?

Well, let me tell you M, Blue, Jack, Kona, and the rest of you who so love to hate me, I'm not the bad guy in this equation; you are. You see, you take my money, and money of Thousands others, and completely FAIL to provide a Stable Virtual World, even though that's exactly the business you are in, to provide a STABLE VIRTUAL WORLD. You really should do better at running Second Life, because your Peers in the Business are laughing at you, at Second Life, and wondering why they don't have Blind Faith Customers like you do! What's it like friends, to be cajoled by your own PEERS? I know you see every eye-roll and smirk when you go to your Conventions with your Peers, how does it feel? I'm not wanting to dredge up painful memories, but sometimes it takes being Completely Embarrassed before someone steps up to the plate and says, "Enough is enough, we MUST do better!"

So, here's my promise to each one of you, your Comments, to my blog, will go without Editing by me and will be posted in their entirety. I will of course respond to each Comment when I feel that anyone is taking the easy road. I used to teach Teens, and when one of them gave an answer they felt I was looking for, I called "Bull Shit". I will do the same if you give me the usual PR nonsense, so really, think about your answers, think of why you are even at Linden Lab for God's sake! If you can't do the job, give it over to someone that can. So what, you aren't the best in Networking, it's not going to kill you!

Lastly, for those who want to push the "Gee it's a complex system and prone to fail", please go back and read my editorial Comment when that very same argument was made and flattened as quickly as the point was risen. So, which "friend" at Linden Lab will choose to take up the challenge and stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? M, Kona, Blue, Jack....anyone else?

1 comment:

Maybe Me said...

LL expect you to pay and stfu about the problems.

Once you reconcile yourself to the fact they don't care about their customer base and you're only tolerated because you pay them money then things become easier.

So, welcome to the new business model - poor quality service, poor quality product and a poor quality design.

These guys break new ground in that they don't even provide lip service to things like making the customer happy but then why should they? we keep paying for this rubbish so why should they lift their game?

That's the bottom line here. The day will come when people stop complaining and I hope LL are smart enough to realise when people stop caring enough to complain they probably stop caring enough to keep paying.

meh