Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Detour - Another Linden caught Lying

Greetings my friends, I hope today you are doing well.

Today, once again, we are called to Detour from our advertised (starting to sound a lot like Linden Lab; promising one thing, delivering nothing) blog posting and bring up what everyone has been screaming about for the past two days; except mine has a bit of a twist.

As many of you know, I decided to "do the right thing" and offered my services at the Educational Fair that took place last month. During that time I was conducting the New Resident Q&A's from the main stage there. As happens from time to time, a lot of New Residents didn't arrive for the Q&A, but we still moved forward, taking questions from the audience that was there. During that time, someone from the audience asked how I saw Linden Lab combining the Teen/Adult Grids.

The Teen/Adult grid combination cannot happen until Linden Lab moves ALL MATURE Content to it's own Continent and requires Age Verification of ALL. This is exactly what I said would happen, but, to my dismay, Pathfinder Linden said I didn't know what I was talking about, that there were many "options" being looked at, and people should NOT take me as an authority on this subject. Well, back then I had nothing concrete to go on, just LOGIC, and I said, perhaps that's true, but we'll see. You see, if you look at the issue of combining the Teen/Adult grids, there is only ONE WAY to do that, and that's just what Linden Lab implemented two days ago.

I really enjoy when Linden Lab Employee's knowingly sit in my events and LIE. It really builds up and air of Confidence with me and other Residents. To be honest, that's the first thing I look for in a "Professional" company, that their employee's would LIE to me, I know then and there, that Company is one I really want to do business with.

To be fair, and in the sense of "Open and Transparent" communication, I did email Pathfinder Linden and asked for a Public Apology, and received no word back. My thinking was since he was BOLD enough to LIE in a public venue, then perhaps he could show that same BOLDNESS and correct his LIE in front of people as well.

Another high point in my dealing with "Professional" company's is how their Ethics and Integrity hold up; with Linden Lab you could build a 100 Story building on their Ethics and Integrity, long as it was on sand.

Now, this idea that ALL MATURE content is being moved shouldn't surprise anyone. I publicly stated this was the next move on Linden Lab part once they announced their plans to combine the Teen/Adult grids. Next friends, after the Mature Move is completed, you will see Linden Lab announce that the Teen Grid and Adult Grid will be combined and those that want to access the Mature Grids will have to go through Age Verification. This USED TO BE a free process, and it might still be, so if you want this access, it would be worth the effort to go to the Second Life Website and go through the Age Verification; otherwise you most likely will wind up paying for the service VERY SOON.

So, once again, we see Linden Lab being true to their past; lying, cheating, and stealing from the Residents. No surprise there, that's what we have received from Linden Lab before and I promise you this, that's what they will provide to us in the Future.

No comments: