Thursday, December 18, 2008

Too much to say....too little space

Let's get the most current bullshit out of the way first.

Linden Lab in their infinite wisdom gave BigSpaceship, a web design company (in the most liberal of definitions) the contract to design a new and more "New Resident" friendly website. Portions of that website were unveiled on Monday and Tuesday, and it looks like a 5th graders first Web Project. You can see the Screenshots of the monstrosity here.

Second, and something that flew under the radar, mainly because I was trying to get some answers from Linden Lab employee's, is the new Community Gateway project.

When this was announced, Linden Lab said they were moving forward with this project based upon the positive response of the New Residents that entered through the Gateways. I of course asked Robin Harper to provide some hard numbers instead of these generalizations that Linden Lab likes to throw out. Robin passed my request onto Glenn Fischer, who told me the numbers were small, but still average out to be in the positive. I re-iterated to Glenn that hard numbers would be nice, especially if I was going to take a more active role in the Community Gateway program. It took nearly 5 days, but Glenn finally got back to me. NOT with those numbers as requested, but instead, passing the buck ONCE more, telling me I should contact another person if I was interested in the program and they could answer my questions.

Now, I'm not Rocket Scientist here, but I have worked in the Corporate World before. When my boss would forward me someone's email requesting specific information, I would respond to the request by providing what the customer had asked for, not by pawning them off to someone else. This is the MAJOR issue at Linden Lab. They can't do the right thing and provide HONEST information that is requested by their Customers and instead of just saying, "Those numbers aren't available", they pass you off to another uncaring employee.

Once again, we see Linden Lab pretending to practice "Customer Service" when they actual are burying their head in the sand and begging those who ask questions to go away and leave them alone.

Well, I for one am tired of listening to the lies and disrespectful tones of those at Linden Lab, therefore, I no longer will be asking Robin, Philip, Blue, Glenn, etc., for information before blogging, since all they care to do is hide their heads and disrespect their customers with the WORST Customer Service in the industry.

Now we know just why REAL Networks failed while Philip was at the helm, and as Dr. Phil is known for saying, "Past behaviour predicts future performance". Too bad for Second Life and the Residents, as we tried to build a constructive Virtual Reality, those in charge at Linden Lab are doing their gut level best to destroy it.

No comments: